Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins (Whole Wheat Flour)
I love muffins for a quick and easy grab-and-go breakfast or snack. They’re great to have on you for a post (or pre) gym snack, or if you are running your kids around to playdates and extracurricular activities (maybe in 2021?) and need something that will hold them over until dinner. These Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins are flavourful, healthy, and so yummy!
Why you’ll love these Apple Cinnamon Muffins:
- You can make them in just 30 minutes
- They freeze well, so they’re great for batch cooking
- Perfect for on-the-go snacks or breakfasts
- Easy to make & get the kids involved in the kitchen
What is the best vegan flour?
There are so many different flour alternatives out there, and I find that sometimes it can be complicated to swap between different flours in recipes because often the ratios aren’t 1:1 when you are working with say, coconut flour versus all-purpose flour. For this recipe, I used Bob’s Red Mill 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour.
As you know, I’m a big fan of Bob’s Red Mill products. I use them a lot in my baking and cooking because I can trust their ingredients and the quality of their products. They have a variety of different flours you can choose from but I find this flour is the perfect healthy alternative for these muffins and adds a great texture.
This flour has a protein content of 13-15% and is organic
How do you make Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins?
If you’re baking for a quick snack or on-the-go meal, you likely don’t want to spend forever in the kitchen trying to make a complicated recipe. So these Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins are super simple to make. All you do is:
- Preheat your oven and coat your muffin tray (or add paper liners) to prep
- Next, in a large bowl, you’ll add corn starch and water, stir it up, then add applesauce, sugar, coconut oil (or butter), and vanilla
- Once that is mixed, add your whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir it all together!
- Your last ingredient before baking is grating your apple and adding in your walnuts (optional) – gently fold these in
- Pour that batter in your tin & bake!
Tip: Use a 2 tbsp ice cream scoop to help with keeping all your muffins even & the same size!
Other healthy (and easy) muffin recipes you’ll love:
- Quick & Easy Banana Bread Muffins
- Plant-Based Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Vegan Chickpea Flour Muffins
Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 tbsp. corn startch
- 4 tbsp. warm water
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted or vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Bob's Red Mill Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon1 large apple grated, I used a Pink Lady
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts + handful for topping
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, add the corn starch and water and stir till well combined. To the bowl, add the applesauce, sugar, coconut oil or butter and vanilla. Stir till well combined and no clumps.
- To the bowl, you can now add the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir till well combined.
- Grate in your apple and add in your walnuts. Gently fold into the mixture till well combined.
- Evenly distribute the mixture to all 12 muffin tins. I used 2 tbsp. ice cream scoop to help with keeping them even.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F and then for 20-25 minutes at for 350F.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan and remove and cool completely on wire rack. Serve with vegan butter!
These look delicious and I would like to make them in the morning but I’m all out of cornstarch. Could I use arrowroot starch/flour instead?
Do you have ground flax seed instead?
YUUUUM!!! Best apple cinnamon muffins I’ve ever made!! And this is coming from an omnivore! I subbed white flour for Bob’s whole wheat flour and it came out amazing <3
YESSSS so glad you loved these
Finally got to try my Bob’s whole wheat flour. Great combination of flavors. Easy. Will make again!
Thank you Danie, that means a lot to me!
Honestly just the most perfect apple muffins ever!! Moist, spongey, and a lovely lightness!
Thank you so much, JANICE!!!!!
This was so delicious! Do you think you could substitute the grated apple for grated carrot and make carrot muffins? I love everything you do! Thank you!
Yes! 100% I also have a delicious Carrot Cake Recipe which you could easily turn into Muffins!
So friggin delicious! Probably the softest muffins I’ve had in my life! Can’t wait to have them again! 😀
Thank you so much, Eli!
Loved this muffin recipe! Thanks again Maria for this amazing snack!
So perfect! so easy! Love how your baking recipes are usually made in one bowl! So easy to clean up!
Thanks Natasha!!! We appreciate it!
Thank you so much!!
Thank you so much hun!
Ohhh the combo of apple & cinnamon is always a good one!
Thanks so much, Lauren! You really can’t go wrong here!