Easy Vegan Sausage Pasta (with Apple and Sage)
This Vegan Sausage Pasta is everything you need in a comforting fall pasta and more. The mix of veggies, apple, and wine-infused creamy sauce, is seriously a dream. Whip this up for a quick dinner for the fam, meal prep, or your next dinner party.
Why you’ll love this Vegan Sausage Pasta:
- It’s comforting
- It’s made with easy-to-find ingredients
- It’s perfect for fall or winter
- It can be made in under an hour
- Perfect for meal prep
Let’s talk about apples
Apples are the fruit of the fall. Our Instagram feeds are (or will be) full of people going apple picking. Apples are in season during the fall months, and they are so dang versatile. What’s so great about apples is that you can eat them on their own, but you can utilize them in so many ways. Not only can you use them in savory dishes like this Vegan Sausage Pasta, but you can also bake with them, toss them in salads, on sandwiches, the list goes on. There are also so many different varieties of apples that can really add a different touch and flavor to a recipe. Oh, and did I mention how good they are for you? Apples contain a range of antioxidants, they can be good for digestion, boost your immune system, and the list goes on.
Looking for more recipes? Here are 15 Vegan Pasta Recipes you’ll love.
How do you make Vegan Sausage Pasta?
This homemade Vegan Sausage Pasta recipe can be made in under an hour and is fairly simple to pull together. Here’s what you do:
- Bring a large pot to a boil and cook pasta of choice. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water and strain
- To a large saucepan, add the butter and heat on medium-low until melted
- To the pan, add the sausage and cook for around 5-6 minutes (Tip: don’t overly brown the meat)
- Remove the sausage and add in the onion, garlic and celery. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium-low
- Once translucent, add in the apple, sage and thyme, and stir well while cooking for 3-4 minutes
- Increase heat to high and add in veggie stock paste and water. Stir until reduced by almost half
- Next, add in the wine and cook down until the liquid has reduced to almost half again
- To the pot, add in the kale and white bean of choice. Cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the sausage back to the pan and finish with your cashew cream
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3ish minutes
- Taste test before adding seasonings like salt!
- Combine the pasta and the sauce. Use your pasta water if the sauce is too thick
Other pasta recipes you’ll love:
- Grandma’s Vegan Pasta Sauce
- Date Night Kale Pesto Pasta
- Vegan Tomato and Garlic Pasta
- 30 Minute One-Pot Greek Pasta
- The Best Vegan Spaghetti
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Vegan Sausage Pasta
- 8 oz of pasta of choice
- 1 tsp - 1 tbsp. vegan butter unsalted
- 3 large apple sage vegan sausages I used Field Roast, cut into 1-inch pieces or crumble with your hands into a more ground-meat-like texture
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 small apple cored, peeled, and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh sage finely chopped or sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme finely chopped or sliced
- 1 tsp - 1 tbsp. vegetable stock paste
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup black kale finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of a cooked white bean of choice optional
- 1/2 cup homemade cashew cream
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan regular parmesan is fine too
- pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Cook pasta of choice as instructed or desired. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water and strain.
- To a large saucepan add the vegan butter and heat on medium-low till melted. To the pan, add the sausage and cook for around 5-6 minutes on medium-low heat. You do not want to overly brown the vegan meat, so cook it gently.
- Remove the sausage from the pan and add in the onion, garlic and celery. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium-low heat or until translucent. Once again, you don't want these veggies to brown too much, so keep an eye on them. Once you are happy with the colour of the onions, add in the apple, sage and thyme. Stir till well combined and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add in the vegetable stock paste and water. Stir till the liquid has reduced by almost half. Now you can add in the wine and cook down till the liquid has reduced to almost half again.
- To the pot, add in the black kale and white bean of choice. Stir till well combined and cook for around 3-4 minutes or until the bean is hot throughout. Add the sausage back to the pan and finish with your cashew cream. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and simmer for 3 or so minutes. At the last minute, add your lemon and parm! Be sure to taste test the dish for salt before seasoning as your sausage/parm may already be quite salty. Once determined, season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce. If the sauce is too thick simply add in a bit of the pasta water bit by bit (around 1 tbsp at a time) till you read your desired consistency.
- Serve with fresh thyme and sage.