Who doesn’t love pancakes for lunch or dinner? Even though there is nothing wrong with whipping up traditional pancakes outside of breakfast, I do love something savory for lunch or dinner versus sweet. Plus, regular pancakes basically have 0 nutritional benefits in them. These savory zucchini potato pancakes however are delicious. They are the perfect meal or snack and have both zucchini and potatoes hidden inside of them. They’re crispy, and perfect when paired with a side of sour cream and chives for dipping.
Why you’ll love these zucchini potato pancakes:
- They are crispy
- They are vegan-friendly
- Make them in just 30-minutes
- Hideaway those veggies from your picky eaters
How do you make savory pancakes?
This recipe is simple and like I said, can be made in just a half-hour. You can even whip these up and save them in the fridge for quick lunches or snacks throughout the day. Here’s how you make these delicious, crispy zucchini potato pancakes:
- In a large bowl, squeeze any excess liquid from the potatoes and zucchini. Discard liquid and clean the bowl. To the same bowl, stir together all the ingredients till well combined
- In a large skillet, heat 1/8 inch of avocado oil and butter
- Using a tbsp. begin dropping 2 tbsp. onto the hot oil and flatter to cook. You can use a spatula to slightly mold them into your desired shape but be aware of the hot oil
- Each pancake should cook for 2 minutes on each side until perfectly golden. Remove pancakes and place them onto a paper towel to remove any excess oil! Repeat till you’ve used up all the batter
- Serve warm with desired toppings (I love it with sour cream and chives)
Why are zucchini’s so great?
Zucchinis are such a wonderful veggie. First off, you can hide them in baking. YES like you can legit bake with zucchinis and force your kids to eat veggies without them even knowing. Try them in this Double Chocolate Zucchini Cookie recipe for example. Secondly, zucchinis are so good for you. They are:
- Rich in nutrients
- High in antioxidants
- Contribute to healthy digestion
And that’s just to list a few. They have so many other added benefits.
What’s your fav way to eat zucchinis?
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Blueberry Pancake Skillet
- Whipped Cashew Ricotta & Honey Toast
- Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza
- Mini Burrito Bites with Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
I also added this to YouTube if you can adjust that accordingly xxx
Vegan Zucchini Potato Pancakes
- In a large bowl, squeeze any excess liquid from the potatoes and zucchini. Discard liquid and clean the bowl. To the same bowl, stir together all the ingredients till well combined.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/8 inch of avocado oil and butter.
- Using a tbsp. begin dropping 2 tbsp. onto the hot oil and flatten to cook. You can use a spatula to slightly mold them into your desired shape but be aware of the hot oil.
- Cook each pancake for 2 minutes on each side until perfectly golden. Remove pancakes and place them onto a paper towel to remove any excess oil! Repeat till you've used up all the batter.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.