15 Nov Simple + Citrusy Mediterranean Salad
‘Tis the season that your schedule becomes jammed with holiday parties, family commitments and everything in between. It’s also the time of year where temptations of unhealthy food is all around us and we become so busy we lose sight of eating healthy.
Your health should never take the back burner, especially during this time of year when you have so many commitments and want to make sure you’re feeling your best. Plus, the changes in weather can change your mood. Seasonal depression is definitely a thing and I find the changes in temperatures, and hours of sunlight can really mess with me. Some things I find helps is:
- My Happy Light
- Going to the gym and working out – sweating really helps me let out that cooped up steam!
- Talking to friends + making sure to make time for family and outings!
- Spray tans! It makes me feel like I’ve been in the sun and boosts my confidence.
- Vitamin D – I depend on my Vitamin D capsules during the winter months (all year around really)
- Drinking and eating warming foods and drinks like turmeric or matcha lattes
This recipe is filled with healthy fats, carbs and greens but the best part is that you don’t have to feel restricted with it. Use anything you have in your fridge and spice it up to your liking. You can also eat it warm or cold. I personally love it warm because the ‘cheese’ gets creamy and the lemon is extremely aromatic, plus it makes it very comforting in the winter months!
You’re going to love this recipe because it is:
- simple + delicious
- easy + no-mess
- uses ‘normal’ ingredients
- perfect for your vegan + vegetarian diet
- a great addition to your super-comforting vegetable recipes
What is your favourite meal to cook at home when you’re feeling down, short on time but still want to eat well? Let us know, we love to hear what you eat at home!
Love from your Greek Food Goddess XOXPrint
- 2-3 cups cooked orzo – I love it when the orzo is hot, it really warms the salad
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Season to taste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley + cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup black or green kale, roughly chopped – you can massage with some oil to help make it less tough
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Top with a few dollops of spread em herbs + chive cheese!
- Into a large bowl combine all your ingredients but your cheese! Stir until well combined then add garnish like extra herbs, your favourite cheese and a drizzling of your finest olive oil.
Pin the below photo to save this recipe for later!