Vegetarian Quinoa and Spinach Patties with Aioli
12 patties, 1 small jar of aioli
Need a healthy meal to meal prep for the week for lunches or quick dinners? I have your back with this quinoa and spinach patties recipe. It’s healthy, it’s versatile because you can use these as burgers, or eat them with any sides you want, and the aioli is delicious as a topper!
Why you’ll love these quinoa and spinach patties:
- Make them in just 40-minutes
- Great for meal prep
- Can be made vegetarian or vegan
How do you make quinoa and spinach patties?
Like I mentioned above, I love this recipe for meal prep. These are awesome to pack in Andrew’s lunches, or just to have in the fridge to warm up to top of salads, eat on a bun like a burger, or just eat on their own. Here’s how you make them:
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment
- To a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients apart from the avocado oil. Stir with a wooden spoon to well combine. Using an ice scream scoop (around 2 tbsp.) begin molding your patties. First into balls then flatten to firm
- Using a brush lightly grease the base of the parchment paper with the avocado oil
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 20-23 minutes. Flipping them halfway through
- While the patties cook, make the Aioli by combining all the ingredients into a small bowl and stirring to combine
- Once the patties are ready, enjoy immediately or as meal prep. Serve with your desired amount of Lemon Garlic Aioli (recipe below)
To make the garlic aioli, it’s simple. All you have to do is combine:
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
My not-so-secret ingredients
For these quinoa and spinach patties, you’ll notice there is a common name in my ingredient list, and that’s Chosen Foods. This brand of oils and dressings has been a staple in my kitchen lately, and I love to create delicious recipes with their products. For this recipe I used:
- Their 100% pure Avocado Oil made with naturally refined avocados, ripened to perfection
- Their Lemon Garlic Dressing which is great for salads, recipes, marinades, and so much more
- Their Avocado Mayo which they have so many cool, unique flavors of. I used their vegan version, but they also have a ton of others if you are okay to make this recipe not plant-based
Chosen Foods has fantastic products that I can trust, and I highly recommend stocking your pantry up with these for cooking or to have on hand for quick salads, or recipes.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Garlic Confit
- Easy Vegan Deviled Potatoes
- Plant-Based Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Vegan Cranberry Cheese Tarts
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Quinoa and Spinach Patties
For the patties:
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp. Chosen Foods Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 2 eggs or 2 vegan eggs
- 1/4 cup vegan feta or regular feta chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion fresh mint, dill, and cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves grated or pressed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup steamed spinach squeezed to remove excess water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Chosen Foods avocado oil for cooking
For the Lemon Garlic Aioli:
- 2 cups Chosen Foods Avocado Mayo
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed or finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. capers
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- To a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients apart from the avocado oil. Stir with a wooden spoon to well combine. Using an ice scream scoop (around 2 tbsp.) begin moulding your patties. First into balls then flatten to firm.
- Using a brush lightly grease the base of the parchment paper with the avocado oil.
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 20-23 minutes. Flipping them halfway through.
- While the patties cook, make the Aioli by combining all the ingredients into a small bowl and stirring to combine.
- Once the patties are ready, enjoy immediately or as meal prep. Serve with your desired amount of Lemon Garlic Aioli!
I tried making these but added different vegetables, range of herbs, lemon and rice. I cooked mine in a pan over the job instead of in the oven (it still works). Thank you for the inspiration.
A LOT of these meals have eggs, cheese, & even meat!! How are they VEGAN?
Putting substitutes would be very helpful.
The title of this recipe is Vegetarian with Vegan options.
These Patties are amazing! Great to munch on! Real good recipe!
Thank you so much, Norah!
The AIOLI though! Wow, what a star!
It is pretty magical! I am glad you liked it!
I AM ADDICTED TO THESE PATTIES!
ARent’ they just so good?
I tried this recipe but I chose to add different vegetables, rice, range of herbs and lemon. It turned out delicious (I pan fried mine instead of the Oven it still works). Had a happy lunch today, thanks for the recipe great inspiration.
Thank you so much, this makes me so happy!
Maria, I made these are they were perfect!
Thank you so much, Rachel!