Creamy tortellini soup. Can you say “COMFORT FOOD”!?! This vegan tortellini soup recipe is seriously comforting. It’s perfect for the winter months and will warm you from the inside out. Soup for me is one of my favorite things to meal prep. I love making up a big batch on Sunday and then storing it for a quick, and easy meal to grab during the week when I’m super busy. Plus, it’s so easy to load a soup up with nutrients so you are getting everything your body needs from a nutritious meal, that’s why recipes like this are great recipes to hide veggies and healthy things from your kids ;)!
Why you’ll love this vegan tortellini soup recipe:
- Quick: Make it in just 45-minutes
- Hearty: This recipe is packed with filling ingredients and full of flavor
- One-pot recipe: Make this bad boy in only one pot
Looking for more soup recipes? Have no fear, I have 20 that are delicious here.
Sausages: For this recipe I used Field Roast vegan sausages but there are so many great plant-based alternatives out there. If you aren’t vegan or vegetarian, you can also just use regular sausage.
Tortellini: Pasta originally made in the Italian region of Emilia. These are traditionally stuffed with a mix of meat, cheese, egg, and nutmeg and served in broth. However, today you can get them stuffed with just about anything and serve them in so many ways!
My go-to for easy groceries
Before we get into this vegan tortellini soup recipe, want to know my secret for quick, easy groceries? What if I told you that it doesn’t involve waiting in lines, or leaving your house? Sounds great right?
I’ve been really into Cornershop lately for my groceries. All you have to do is use the app or website to browse all your favorite stores like Walmart, Costco, or even pharmacies like Rexall. You can shop across any of those stores for the items you need, and have them delivered right to you. Amazing, right?! This is especially great when you go to make a recipe and realize you’re missing one key ingredient. Like today when I was craving this tortellini soup but didn’t have all the ingredients at home.
How do you make vegan tortellini soup?
1. In a large pot heat olive on low-medium heat
2. To the pot, add the vegan sausages and cook until browned. Use a wooden spoon to crumble the sausages
3. Cook for 5 minutes or until brown. There should be no excess fat but if there is just drain it
4. To the pot, add the onion, garlic, herbs + spices and salt + pepper. Stir often to avoid burning
5. To the pot, add the flour, and whisk or stir till every ingredient is well coated
6. To the pot, gradually whisk in the vegetable stock and tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes
7. To the pot, add the tortellini and cook as instructed on the packet. Should be around 4-5 minutes
8. Add the spinach, coconut cream, nutritional yeast and fresh herbs of choice
9. Serve hot with garlic bread! Enjoy immediately.
10. Voila! There you have the easiest tortellini soup that is so darn good and hearty.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Storage: Soup will last up to one week in the fridge in an air-tight container. Soup will last up to 2 months in the freezer in an air-tight container. I would store the tortellini separately or cook up a new batch when you go to eat the soup as the noodles will absorb the broth.
Other soup recipes you’ll love:
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- Coconut Curry “Meatball” Soup
- Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Gnocchi Soup
- Vegetable Soup with Vegan Dumplings
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Creamy Vegan Tortellini Soup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Field Roast Sausages Italian flavored
- 4 large garlic cloves pressed
- 1 medium sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. italian seasoning
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 red chili flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups vegetable stock or 1 1/2 tbps. vegetable stock paste + 5 cups of boiling water
- 1 400 ml can of tomatoes crushed or blended
- 3 cups vegan tortellini of choice
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- handful fresh basil thyme and oregano
- In a large pot heat olive on low-medium heat. To the pot, add the vegan sausages and cook until browned. Use a wooden spoon to crumble the sausages. Cook for 5 minutes or until brown. There should be no excess fat but if there is just drain it.
- To the pot, add the onion, garlic, herbs + spices and salt + pepper. Stir often to avoid burning.
- To the pot, add the flour, and whisk or stir till every ingredient is well coated.
- To the pot, gradually whisk in the vegetable stock and tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- To the pot, add the tortellini and cook as instructed on the packet. Should be around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, coconut cream, nutritional yeast and fresh herbs of choice.
- Serve hot with garlic bread! Enjoy immediately.