1 loaf, 8 pieces
Are we all over the phase in the pandemic when everyone was baking banana bread? I sure am not. Banana bread to me never gets old. It’s such an easy thing to whip up, and a great way to use leftover bananas or bananas that you have stored in your freezer that you don’t know what to do with. This healthy banana bread recipe provides a healthier spin to your typical banana bread, and it’s vegan-friendly.
Why you’ll love this healthy banana bread:
- Easy: This healthy banana bread is so easy to make, prep it in 15-minutes and leave the rest to your oven to bake
- Lower Food Waste: Banana bread is a great way to use up browning bananas or brown bananas you have sitting in your freezer
- Versatile: Add chocolate chips or nuts
Protein Powder: For this healthy banana bread recipe, you’ll notice an ingredient that isn’t so typical in banana bread, protein powder! Yep, I used Bob’s Red Mill’s Almond Protein Powder to make this recipe a little more healthy and packed with protein. This protein powder is made with the highest quality blanched almonds, finely ground to a creamy powder. It blends perfectly into smoothies, can be added to baked goods like this recipe, or other things like sauces, salad dressings, and more. Get creative with it!
A few added benefits of this protein is:
- Has 20 grams of protein per serving
- Uses only 1 ingredient – almonds!
- Vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO verified
- Rich in calcium and fiber (from those almonds)
How do you make healthy banana bread?
I’m not here to overcomplicate protein powder banana bread. This is a no-fail recipe. It’s so easy to make. Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a bread tin with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking oil spray
- Into a large bowl, combine the flour, almond protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- In a medium-sized bowl add in the mashed banana and whisk in the melted oil or butter, brown sugar, egg replacement, vanilla, and almond milk. Whisk just till combined
- Add the flour mixture to the wet banana mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to well combine
- Transfer batter to the baking tin and bake for 50-55 minutes
- Cool for 5 minutes in the bread tin and remove and cool completely on the wire rack. Serve with vegan or regular butter
Want to add more fun to your banana bread? Throw in nuts or chocolate chips (or both)!
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Is banana bread healthy? I’ve made this recipe healthier by subbing out some of the typical ingredient amounts with healthier options like coconut sugar. The added protein makes it more protein-packed as well.
Eggs: You can use a regular egg if needed in this protein banana bread recipe. It will cook the same.
Sugar: You can use coconut sugar, white sugar or of course, brown sugar!
Do I have to use vegan butter? If you do not have vegan butter, regular works fine.
I don’t have coconut oil: If you do not have coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil also works!
Milk: If you do not have almond milk any other type of milk works but not from a can, from a carton or bottle is best! You do not want thick cream-like milk!
Other banana recipes you’ll love:
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Vegan Zucchini Banana Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Upside Down Banana Bread Cake
- Banana Bread Granola
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a bread tin with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking oil spray.
- Into a large bowl, combine the flour, almond protein powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl add in the mashed banana and whisk in the melted oil or butter, brown sugar, egg replacement, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk just till combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet banana mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to well combine.
- Transfer batter to the baking tin and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the bread tin and remove and cool completely on the wire rack. Serve with vegan or regular butter!